T: + 66 2 264 8000
F: + 66 2 657 2222
Ms. Karnpitcha Kongkiattiwong is a capital markets senior associate with extensive experience in banking, financing, securities law and compliance, as well as corporate and general commercial law. Karnpitcha also assists in drafting and reviewing commercial and credit agreements. Her experience includes providing legal consulting on BOT and SEC regulations. Before joining Weerawong C&P, she worked as a legal consultant for over seven years in respected law firms in Thailand.
Recent transactional experience includes:
- Representation of Namyong Terminal Public Company Limited (“NYT”) in its initial public offering (IPO) and listing of shares on the Stock Exchange of Thailand (the “SET”). The first day trading on the SET was on November 25, 2013. TISCO Securities Company Limited is the financial advisor and lead underwriter. Total offering size is Baht 2,445.45 Million (approximately USD 81.5 Million).
- Representation of Sahaviriya Steel Industries Public Company Limited (SSI), Thailand’s first and largest manufacturer of hot-rolled steel sheet foils, on its capital increase by issuing up to 19 billion new shares to be allotted via private placement and rights offerings. The deal value is approx. US$388 million (Baht 11.660 billion, as a part of a comprehensive financial structuring plan. Shareholders approved the transaction in October 2012 and the offering and closing have been implemented from October till present; December 2012.
- Representation of SPCG Public Company Limited, in connection with a public offering transaction, issuance of warrants, and application to transfer the listing status of shares in SPCG from the MAI (Market for Alternative Investment) to the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET). The deal value is US$42 million. (Closed: March, 2012)
- Representation of Sub Sri Thai Public Company Limited in respect of (i) the legal due diligence on two target companies engaged in the food and beverage business under the franchise of Dunkin Donut and Au Bon Pain, and (ii) acquisition of a 100% shareholding interest in the two target companies from their current major shareholders. (Closed: January, 2012)
- Representation of GMM Grammy Public Company Limited in the review and negotiation of a Joint Venture Agreement with its Korean partner in order to establish a joint venture company to operate a home shopping business in Thailand.
- Representation of Dalvey Group in its acquisition of Mercure Hotel Pattaya.
- Representation of Sub Sri Thai Public Company Limited in its acquisition of Dunkin’ Donuts and Au Bon Pain franchisees in Thailand.
- Representation of Sub Sri Thai Public Company Limited in the preparation and review of a Share Purchase Agreement and a Debt Assignment Agreement for the acquisition of Industrial Enterprises Company Limited, a vegetable oil manufacturer in Thailand.
- Representation of China-ASEAN Capital Advisory Company Limited, in its acquisition of equity interest in port operating companies at Laemchabang Port and the amalgamation process for its affiliates in Thailand.
- Representation of Pranda Jewelry Public Company Limited, in its financing of a jewelry wholesaling company in Indonesia.
- Representation of Health Network Public Company Limited, the major shareholder of Phyathai Hospital Group and Paolo Hospital Group, in the merger with Bangkok Dusit Medical Services Public Company Limited (BGH) through an entire business transfer (EBT). The value of the deal is Baht 9,825 million.
- Representation of BTS Group Holdings Public Company Limited (formerly, Tanayong Plc.) in the offering of the Baht 10 billion USD-settled L/C Backed Convertible Debentures under Regulation S in January 2011.
- Representation of BTS Group Holdings Public Company Limited in the public offering of the newly issued shares of BTS Group Holdings Public Company Limited to the shareholders of Bangkok Mass Transit System Public Company Limited.
- Representation of Master Ad Public Company Limited (MACO) in the review and negotiation of a Share Purchase Agreement to be entered into with its counterparty.
- Representation of BTS Group Holdings Public Company Limited in the preparation of in the company's Form 56-1 and annual report of the fiscal year ended March 2010 to be filed with the SEC.
- Representation of Phatra Securities Public Company Limited, Finansa Securities Limited and Morgan Stanley, the Underwriters, in the public offering of newly issued shares by Thai Airways International Public Company Limited worth approximately Baht 15,000 million.
MSc in Management, University of Surrey, Surrey, England, 2004
LL.M., University of Bristol, Bristol, England, 2003
LL.B., Thammasat University, 2000