- Representation of a leading real estate developer, in its defense against nine complaints filed in the Civil Court by customers who subscribed for condominium units constructed by the company, claiming damages for the delay in the construction of the condominium project. The company successfully negotiated with seven out of nine customers in withdrawing the cases.
- Representation of Elite Kraft Paper Co., Ltd., an affiliate of Mahachai Kraft Paper, in defending a law suit filed by Jiangxi Jianglian Energy & Environt Co., Ltd., as contractor from China (mainland) and plaintiff, in a dispute over the Contract for Co-Generation Plant.
- Representation of a company operating franchised convenience stores in Thailand, in defending the case filed against the company by the Ministry of Health, alleging that the company conducted its business in violation of the Tobacco Act by displaying cigarettes on the shelves. The Court finally dismissed the case ruling that the company had not violated the Act as the Ministry’s officers had erred in their interpretation of the Act.
- Representation of Sino-Thai Engineering & Construction Public Company Limited (STECON), as claimant, in an arbitration proceeding under the International Court of Arbitration (ICC) in a dispute with Dywidag Bau GmbH, as respondent, in connection with a lease agreement relating to the lease of construction equipment which is governed by Thai law.
- Representation of Department of Highways’ (a State Entity of the Thai Government) arbitration proceedings brought against them by a German Investor alleging breach of bilateral investment treaty between Thailand and Germany.
- Representation of a publicly listed TV Channel in its arbitration in relation to the alleged claim that it failed to make payments of concession fees and penalties when due.
- Representation of the five largest commercial banks in Thailand as guarantors, regarding lawsuits by the Pollution Control Department (PCD) of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (PCD). The banks claimed that as PCD asserted the project agreement was null and void, their letters of guarantee would also be void and the Banks should be released from their obligations. The Banks were subject to an injunction prohibiting them from making payment under the letters of guarantee. The court found that the banks had acted properly and dismissed the PCD’s claim.
- Representation of a Japanese engineering company, as contractor and defendant, in its defence of a claim for damages filed by the contractor and plaintiff, who alleged that the client caused damage to its project during the construction of an offshore oil and natural gas pipeline in the Gulf of Thailand.
- Representation of Sol Melia, one of the largest resort hotel chains in the world, and its subsidiary, in a successful claim against Golden Asset and Bangkok Twin Towers before the Central Intellectual Property and International Trade Court. The value of the claim is USD 2.5 million.
- Representation of the Plaintiffs (as creditors, a group of leading Thai commercial banks) in bringing a law suit against a Thai company, the owner of the most advanced manufacturer of copper products (as debtor) to enforce payment of loan valued at approximately USD 400 million (THB 12 billion).
- Representation of a Thailand sanitary service organization in the arbitration proceedings against an international company engaged in waste management concerning the agreement, including an assignment of rights and obligations under the Technology License and Technical Assistance Agreement and Operating Services Agreement under ICC Arbitration Rules.