Corporate General / Corporate Governance
Weerawong C&P provides a wide array of corporate and business services to publicly held and private businesses. We often serve as general counsel for corporations in handling all legal aspects of the corporate life-cycle, beginning with initial establishment of the enterprise. Our general corporate practice is broad and often intersects with closely related practices — particularly tax, corporate transactions and securities regulations.
In the areas of securities law and corporate governance advice, the reputation of our Corporate Advisory / Corporate Governance team is unmatched. Our lawyers advise on all aspects of corporate governance, including director and officer liability. We represent corporations on structuring their initial capitalization and with ongoing corporate financing transactions. We also counsel businesses regarding their ongoing corporate relationships with domestic and international customers, suppliers and distributors.
- “Thailand Firm of the Year”, by Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards 2011
- “Thailand Firm of the Year 2011 – Corporate/M&A, Capital Markets, and Telecommunications, Media & Technology”, by ASIAN-MENA COUNSEL, In-House Community
- Tier One − Corporate and M&A, by Asia Pacific Legal 500 (2009-2013)
- Band One – Corporate/M&A, by Chambers Asia-Pacific (2009-2013)
Selected transactional experience follows to demonstrate industry experience and local knowledge regarding our corporate practice:
Corporate General - Recent Experience
- Representation of CWP Thailand Ltd. on incorporation of a new company to act as a project management company for two SPVs solar power plants and in the provision of general legal advice.
- Representation of Nestle S.A. on the Thai anti-competition law.
- Representation of Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited and its group companies on general corporate and corporate governance matters and business operations after the company’s IPO on an annual retainer basis.
- Representation of a major Thai company engaged in the operation of convenience stores regarding Consumer Protection legislation and their direct selling operations in Thailand.
- Representation of a major Thai company engaged in the operation of convenience stores in connection with establishment of retail outlets in Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar.
- Representation of Sri Trang-Agro Industry Company Limited on general corporate and corporate governance matters and business operations after the company’s PO and listing of its shares on the Singapore Securities Exchange Limited
- Representation of CIMB Group Sdn. Bhd. on general corporate matters and business operations after BankThai's acquisition.
- Representation of Siam City Bank Public Company Limited (SCIB) by providing legal advisory services to the company secretary of the company and advising on other general corporate matters of the company.